To laugh often; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better; whether by a healthy kid, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because U lived.This is to have succeeded.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm just thankful

For a lot of reasons this week, I can say I'm so thankful. God has been so good to me(not like He's not always been good, but He's been extra,extra good this week).
It started on Sunday, on our way from church, we discovered there was this terrible traffic on our route only to find out it was caused by an accident. Not the everyday car hits car and somersaults(I hope I got that right), but it was very nasty.According to story tellers, about 10 cars got burnt and about 20 or more people died and scores were injured. I'm grateful because again according to the timing of the story tellers, it was not so long after we left that road on the way to church that morning that the accident occured.Although I have been in a similar accident before and came out unhurt, but this was a different thing for me, seeing people just roast to death just like that.
Then again, yesterday night, around 8pm on my way from work, by some form of miracle, I was again saved from another accident when the car I was in was almost hit by a bus on the side where I was sitted.
I guess God just has need of me(and I'm humbled at that thought) because I've always been saved one way or the other.
I'm grateful for a lot of other reasons, but these easily top the list.
So I guess it won't be out of place to say thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment